Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Kubota 2360 tractor with a BX2750 snowblower. I am…

I have a Kubota...

I have a Kubota 2360 tractor with a BX2750 snowblower. I am replacing there hydraulic chute actuator and can't get the gear off the top of the actuator that turns the chute. Rust? I think there is a key way inside.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

1/14/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

You say hydraulic actuator? Is model number BX2750 A,B, C? I find manual and electric.

Hydraulic left in garage a bit ago. Not sure of letter. Gear on top of actuator apparently rusted in place. Soaked with WD40 to try and free up.

I am unable to even find a hydraulic actuated chute, I find a manual chute with a handle and one that uses an electric motor.?

Gear has to be keyed or have a pin holding it to the shaft.

I think that’s the case—key in new one. Prob just rusted. 7-8 yrs in salt, sand etc. tnx.

Can you get a small puller on it?

Will try. Tnx Curtis

Thank you.

Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician