Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1999 Kioti LK3054 Tractor, Serial #826500429 that…

Customer Question
I have a 1999...

I have a 1999 Kioti LK3054 Tractor, Serial #826500429 that dies if I take my foot off the foot throttle. If I slow the speed down slowly, it does not die. It is hard to start after it dies.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I changed the fuel pump, put in a new fuel filter, removed the fuel return line at the fuel tank to check return volume when pumping and not running, has a good surge

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/14/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Go back to the fuel pump, and make a test line from the inlet side of the fuel pump, and drop the line into a fuel container or back into the fuel tank filler opening, and run test with the tank and hoses up to the fuel pump bypassed. I think you have a restriction before the fuel pump in the suction side of the system.

Nope, no change

Fuel pump working and sending a good flow of fuel to the injection pump?

Fuel quality ok? With good fuel flow to the injection pump, and with the symptoms it has, the injection pump and governor may be the problem.

I will get new fuel this week and start over

OK>