Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Deere 870 has a 80 loader. I have a snow plow mounted and…

Customer Question
My John Deere 870...

My John Deere 870 has a 80 loader. I have a snow plow mounted and the middle pistons which normally dump the material bucket when it is mounted are openning when I lift the snow plow. This is causing the snow plow blade to fall over forward. It has always remained perpendicular to the ground before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Are you there?

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/13/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Will the cylinders hold position if you just pick up the blower and kill the engine of the tractor? If not, one of the bucket cylinders has internal leakage.