Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2003 TM120 super steer cab tractor with the 18x6…

I have a 2003 TM120...
I have a 2003 TM120 super steer cab tractor with the 18x6 power command transmission and electronic shuttle shift that has started acting like the transmission is disabled. The tractor has around 1600 hrs on it, I ordered this tractor through my dealer at the time so I have put just about 95% of those hours on it my self, my dad would operate the tractor for me some times but most of the seat time has been mine. Back to my problem. I was driving it down the road a while back when I hit a dip in the road, just where the county had put in a new culvert and the asphalt setteled, I was running 25mph and didn't realize the dip was as deep as it was or i would have let off the throttle so I bounced pretty hard. An alarm started going off in the cab just a constant beep like I had left the blinker on too long but the tractor was slowing down also. I thought I must have hit the shuttle lever into the neutral position but I soon realized I hadn't done that the transmission want engaged anymore. As I got off the side of the road I started looking at my instrument panel and realized the display for the transmission was blank except for EC flashing. I think that is what it said it has been a while since this happened so I can't remember for sure, tried shutting off the tractor and restarting it but nothing changed still the loud beeeep and display flashing. Oh and the orange light over by the draft controls was on kindof like when you start the tractor and the lift arms have fallen down but the lever is in the fully raised position. I finally pulled the side dash apart and tried disconnecting the controls for the draft and lift arm speed also the work light panel with the fwd and the diff lock switches but that didn't help finally after listening to that freaking beep for about 15min I grabbed the wire harness going down under the shiftier and wiggled it pretty good and the beeping stopped. The transmission still didn't engage and the display had cp on it. I ended up having to haul it home where I pushed it under the barn and have let it sit now for 4 months, when I really get frustrated with something I have learned it is less expensive to leave it and come back when I have time and the patients to look at it. I think I probably have a loose ground or loose connection but I thought I would see if you have any ideas where to start. The speedometer stopped working also. My TOMes the only one my dealer has ever worked on and they know very little about the tractor not that my dealer isn't a good dealer i just have a model that isn't popular in the hay fields around here. Any suggestions will be a huge help.
Jeremy
1/12/2018
dd85
dd85, Foreman

CP is depress the Clutch Pedal.

But does anything come up in the transmission display?

Or on the instrument cluster right side?

If no Error codes, I would unhook the battery and let set for a few hours. the reconnect battery v\and see what happens. Sometimes this will clear code and allow to operate.

I will give the battery idea a try, I doubt it will work i am not that lucky. As far as the codes all I remember seeing on the trans display was CP except I can't remember the letters but I remember looking them up and they stood for clutch pedal calibrated or recalibrated i think it was CF maybe? Sorry I didn't proof read my original post very well, I am using a new tablet that is set up a little different than my smart phone when it comes to the "auto correct" spell checker. I have seen displays in the manuals that are different than mine if this makes any difference. My display is blank till you turn the ignition on then it will display on the left hand side which forward/reverse gear you are in which is always 7th/1th with other info on the right being for displaying if you have the trans set in field operation or road travel range 12th-18th. I have seen some that have an A then B and C section that has a row of lights going up and down to indicate your gear.I will try to get on it tomorrow and try the battery trick and most likely will come back to tell you what I found. How would I get it to give me other codes if I am right and my luck doesn't work with resetting the computer? I know I need to calibrate my clutch or at least before I tried to dukes of hazard my tm on the road. It was starting to lurch when you were trying to ease forward or backwards either one, like lining up the holes on a hitch and the drawbar. The regular owners manual covers how to do that. I service the tractor with all CNH filters and fluids. Lucky me I had a hose under the cab that was a return line or supply for the rear remotes start leaking while I was baling hay, I couldn't see the leak on the tractor it was under me but when I went to crank the pickup up on my BR7070 i smelled the fluid as soon as I opened the door. The point was i ended up changing my hydraulic fluid after getting a new hose made then having something hit a return metal line that went from the top of the housing to the bottom of the housing all routed around my hydraulic filter housing and mid mount valves. It was fun to say the least. But it now has the new red hydraulic/transmission fluid in it now verses the G134 Ambra I have use until this year in this tractor. I have already changed to it in my TN75S I don't like change but I wasn't about to start putting some other hydraulic fluid in this tractor and screw up my brakes or pumps. They assured me it was ok to change over. I doubt this new red fluid could have aided in causing the problem i have now. The clutch was lurch before I changed it also. I am just trying to tell you anything I did different this past spring that might cause this or allowed it to happen other than the finer job our roads and bridges dept. of the county did resurfacing the blacktop over the culvert they installed.I will get back with you as soon as I get a chance to try disconnecting the battery, the weatherman said we might get 0.5-2" of snow here in Arkansas so that will grind everything to a halt if it happens, I guarantee you would be hard pressed to find a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread in any store after noon tomorrow.Thank you for the advice!!
Jeremy

Jeremy, After unhooking the battery check for error codes.

Also check the fuses and relays to see if they are loose. What may have h happened is with the "bump" they may have come out for a second, (not so you can see) and not fully be engaged.

I have also attached a copy of the Error codes.

Good deal I appreciate your help! I will let you know what I find.

I had one customer that when ever he went over the RR tracks the unit would stop completely and shut down. He had to wait 5 minutes for it to reset.

Found loose Relay "popping" out and back in.

How is this coming along?

Please remember to Rate my answer.

dd85
dd85, Foreman
I have been under the weather for the past several days, I am sorry to keep you waiting. I was able to unhook the battery and put it on a trickle charger so it would be ready when I hook it back up to the tractor. I hope to get on it today, I will let you know what I find.