Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2015 deere gator 825i everything works

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 john deere gator 825i everything works dump,lights,but when you turn switch motor won't crank have tried nutral safe switch tried relay and ign switch if you cross starter it starts

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

John deere gator 825i all electrical works but when you turn switch motor will not turn over tried relay neutral safe sw. and new ign. switch if you jump across starter it starts right up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/11/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

check at your ign switch, make sure you have 12+ volts on 2 terminals

with the key in off i have one hot terminal

Thank you for that

You should have 2 hot wires key on

if not check your fuses

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

continue online

HI

Yes, we will continue online,

I can not do phone calls

i have two hot wires with key on then when you switch to start pos. another wire becomes hot
all fuses have been checked unplugged and put back checked neutral safe switch it works also

Thank you for the response

Let me look in the book

back in a bit

ok i think we will call it quits this machine has no seat safety sw. no park brake sw.thanks for your time going to sleep on this

Hi That is the parts book

2 models

XUV Gator Utility Vehicle 825I S4

- XUV Gator Utility Vehicle 825i (Gas)

which do you have ??