Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Deere 2305 Belly Mount is loose, PTO hitting something…

Customer Question
My John Deere 2305...

My John Deere 2305 Belly Mount is loose, PTO hitting something under the floor, is there a drawing on how to reattach it? I don't use any belly mounted equipment.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I wanted to or find a traveling JD Mechanic that knows how to do it.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

It is not covered in the manual for the tractor, do you have the model number of the deck? Drive shaft for the deck not loose on the tractor end, and banging around?

Mount is loose and banging around, apparently the PTO under the tractor is hitting something

Deck model number?

I cannot connect and get an answer from you so I will sign off. Sorry to bother you!

No bother, I just need to know deck number to find manual.