Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a jd 430 diesel that will not start? Deere 430 22 hp…

Customer Question
Have a jd 430...

Have a jd 430 diesel that will not start?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere 430 22 hp Mower

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Changed glow plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed glow plugs, charged battery, warmed it up, deicer in fuel, tries to start with ether

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/10/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

1st off DO NOT USE STARTING FLUID WITH GLOW PLUGS

you will crack the head are you getting any smoke when cranking over ??