Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Our Kubota BX2360 started today and was running for approx…

Customer Question
Our Kubota BX2360 started...

Our Kubota BX2360 started today and was running for approx 5-6 min and then died, its cold here roughly 6 degrees.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial no 54668

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not too much so far, we are fairly inexperienced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/7/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Ok great
We tried to start it multiple times, but it seems like it's not getting fuel, could the fuel line be frozen?

With temperatures as cold as you have, if there was any moisture in the fuel filter, it would be frozen, keeping fuel from the injection pump, and diesel fuel can gel and not flow. Get some additive for the fuel, like Heet, to keep the fuel from gelling, and replace the fuel filter, and bleed the system up to the injection pump, and see if it will start and run.

Ok we will try that tomorrow.

OK>

I see the question is still open.??