Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Whatistheeasiestwaytochangefrontaxlesealsonajohndeere3038etr…

Customer Question
Second opinion] whatistheeasiestwaytochangefrontaxlesealsonajohndeere3038etractorJA: What is...
Second opinion] whatistheeasiestwaytochangefrontaxlesealsonajohndeere3038etractorJA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?Customer: 3038E Ser#1LV3038ECB311757JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: YesIam fixing myself.Ihave taken the top plug out and the snap ring ontheplug behind wheelJA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/4/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

See link below, where is the leak? Behind the rotating wheel or on the knuckle pivot?

For the rotating leak behind the wheel. The # 15 plat is removed, and then the inner snap ring # 15 is removed to remove the gear and arrow the axle shaft to be pulled out, so the seal is exposed.

I see the question is still open?