Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

We have a Deere X320 48in ride on and we have been totally…

Customer Question
We have a John...

We have a John Deere X320 48in ride on and we have been totally confused when we went to our dealer to obtain a deck belt because it was split, however the dealer confused us by saying there are three (3) belts on this machine. As the machine is situated over 400 kms away it was difficult to confirm and we were perplexed. We have a manual and we have had some visual experience with the belts and up to this point we really believed we had only 2 so we have problem can you assist?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

How many belts has the X320 48 22HP serial number MOX 320AIVC12611 ride on have? Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Does the deck have a single belt from engine to deck, then a belt around the deck pulleys? Or does it have a single belt long, that goes from the engine, and to deck pulleys? See the two links below. I suspect you have the two belt setup, shown first.