Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The low pressure hydra warning light came on and did not…

Customer Question
The low pressure hydra...

The low pressure hydra li warning light came on and did not extinguish while moving snow with my rear blade. Air temperature did not get above 0 this afternoon. I assume the cause was the extreme cold as light has not came on before today under warmer temperatures .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

MF 8245 model year is 1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/31/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

At these below freezing temps the oil is like molassis and in some cases so thick it is harsh on the equipment on cold startup as there is not great lubrication until the temp comes up so the potential for failure is there and wear from cold starts. IF after at running temp the light is still on, cut open the filter and look for signs of metal/debris in the filter and oil that would confirm internal mechanical failure occurring. If clean check the sensor and wiring for giving false readings from damage. Let me know

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.