Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How do I install a Deere block heater on a Deere 3520 year…

Customer Question
How do I install a...
How do I install a John Deere block heater on a John Deere 3520 year 2006
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/30/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

I am not exactly sure how to install this

You have three freeze plugs on the cylinder block, any will work, but usually, the center one is most accessible. Plug is removed, and the heater probe installed and tightened up. See link below.

Ok so if i am in the seat are these on the left side?
Hello?

Would be on the side opposite the injection pump for more clearance.

OK that doesn’t help me because I have no idea what the injection pump looks like

The injection pump has the high-pressure fuel lines that go to the cylinder head, You need to be on the side that is basically open with nothing covering the freeze plug locations. Did you see the three holes shown in the block picture I sent?

No I can’t see them.
There is so much stuff in the way that it’s just terrible
Let me get back out there and I will send you a picture of each side of the engine and then maybe you can help me out

OK>

Left side, below the exhaust manifold, can't see the plugs with the stuff in the way!

Well maybe that’s why I can’t see them either because I can’t find them
Thank w

Thank you! Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question!