Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Deere 6420 has started cutting off after running perfectly…

Customer Question
John Deere 6420 has...

John Deere 6420 has started cutting off after running perfectly for about 5 to 7 seconds.....takes a lot of cranking to get restarted....then runs great

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is a 6420.....don't have serial number handy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it for now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Mechanical injection or electronic injection engine? Can be fuel draining back to tank, if it does this after sitting. Can be caused by a fuel transfer pump that has a bad check valve in it.

That is what I have been thinking............will check it first.

OK> Thanks, ***** ***** the 5-star rating system on customer side to close the question when satisfied.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician