Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

JD 5085E REAR-END IN HIGH GEAR ON LEFT-SIDE 600 HOURS

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Sorry, the JD 5085e rear-end has knocking in high gear.
12/25/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Don, My name is***** will be glad to help. Knocking is a sign of internal failure. Drain the transmission/rear end and look for signs of metal/debris confirming this which would require disassembly and further inspection/repair. Let me know We can follow up as needed.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.