Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1023e I just bought with 4 ft bush hog. Where can I…

Customer Question
I have a 1023e...

I have a 1023e I just bought with 4 ft bush hog. Where can I get the info on how to detach from tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Removing the lift arms

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/24/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Problem with removing the drive shaft? Typical bush hog, you just lower it to the ground, remove the top link pin, and the two pins for the lift arms, Then the drive shaft is removed, Some have a pin that has to be pushed in, to a slot in the shaft, and the drive shaft is then pulled off while pin is held . Others have an outer housing that has to be pushed toward tractor, and shaft then pulled backward. D you have bush hog model number?

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem