Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

From South Africa, I have 8770 New Holland ford which, does…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** South Africa , I have 8770 New Holland ford which , does not want to move forward or reverse , it started with a loose battery cable which was repaired then stopped completely but engine start and has no code on screen for not moving, please advise

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1998 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

None

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Please give the answer I need to finish planting
Ok
now???
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
12/22/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day. Test all fuses and relays and for power in and out of the shift controller in each gear position and to the shift solenoids for a possible faulty shift controller. Check parking brake switch if equipped and if the electrical tests okay check the oil and filter/screen for metal/debris that would flag an internal mechanical problem occurring. Looc for discoloration as well. Let me know

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

All of that is right and tractor start no fault showing on screen , n5 gear , but does not move forward or reverse

If you tested everything I mentioned and there is no metal/debris in the oil or filter and the electrical is wirking as it should then you need to heave the pressures tested to confirm a valve or a clutch problem with excessive leakage internally. See if the pressures are in specs. Also, How many volts did you get when you tested each solenoid for power in each gear position and which ones were energized in each position? Let me know