Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Jd 7330 shifts in forward or reverse and then it kicks out…

Customer Question
Jd 7330 shifts in forward...
Jd 7330 shifts in forward or reverse and then it kicks out of gear .. Code come up(restricted transmission function but dosent tell what to look for..
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/21/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day. Check for signs of burnt discolored oil and fine metal/debris in the filter/oil that would flag an internal failure requiring disassembly and repair. If clean, verify the pressures are in OEM specs confirming the problem is likely electrical on the control side rather than mechanical or internal. Please post all code numbers logged in the TCM/ECU memory. Resetting and recalibrating the software might be needed if all repairs are made and it wont reset on its own. Verify power at the shift solenoids and see if it is power loss to the solenoid when it kicks out of gear. Let me know

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.