Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Rebuild fuel injector pump on NH TC45D. Cannot bleed fuel…

Customer Question
Rebuild fuel injector pump...

Rebuild fuel injector pump on NH TC45D. Cannot bleed fuel lines to get fuel to the injectors. Purged all air and disconnected fuel lines at injectors. Fuel is not pumping out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

TC45D, tractor number G515150, engine 23630, unit 2F14D

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Problem started with the fuel leaking and filling the oil pan with diesel. Had the fuel injector pump rebuilt but cannot get the system bled.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/18/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

that has electronic injectors, check the fuses

why was the pump rebuilt ??

did this happen after the rebuilt pump ??

the pump was rebuilt. I have checked the fuses. There is one wire just above the fuel injector closes to the dash. I thought that was for the glow plug. The fuse box diagram does not indicate if one of the fuses is for the injectors. ??? and thanks for the response.
it did happen after the pump was rebuilt

Hi

Thank you for the response

You should have a fuel solenoid on the Pump

make sure Key on you are getting 12 Volts to it

we removed and checked the fuel shut off solenoid and it is functioning. Can also hear and feel it click when the key is turned.

HI Thank you for the response

They are a Bear to bleed, purge air

The best and easiest way to bleed the system is to fill the tank full of fuel--crack the bleeder plug on injection pump and give the fuel a few seconds and it should gravity flow out of the plug. Push the throttle to fully open and crank the engine for no longer than 30 seconds at a time to push fuel through the system. If after 2 or 3 tries and it doesn't start than crack the fitting at 2 injectors and crank the engine over until fuel comes out of the fitting. This system does have a fuel pump that works off of the engine cam that can go bad, but with the tank full of fuel it should still start. It is also equipped with an "auto-bleed" system that will only activate with throttle set at full open position

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

what is the part about, "electronic injectors"?

HI

Electronic injectors

they get the pulse from the engine computer ECM

this is what fires them