Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I got a 70 Deere the rear end seems to be locked up. I'm…

Customer Question
I got a 70...

I got a 70 John Deere the rear end seems to be locked up

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm fixing to myself I'm pretty good with these things it was rolling fine one day and now it's not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I'm good I just can't get a rolling again

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/16/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day. First you will want to drain the fluids to look for metal/debris that would confirm an internal failure requiring disassembly, inspection, and repair. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.