Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Sirs I have a Newholland g210 tractor that I bought recently…

Customer Question
Hello sirs I have a Newholland...
Hello sirs
I have a Newholland g210 tractor that I bought recently it has a 40k transmission in it but it is limited to 30k with computer I plugged pdt tool into it and went into change features menu but it only lists (18x30 perm) only it can't be changed.
Now when you go into systems identification you can change the hard ware revision level it requires a 8 digit code that I don't have. I have a 8 digit code for change features menu but it won't work for systems identification can anyone give me any information on this please thank you
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
12/18/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Technician replied 2 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy
As I was saying it's a Newholland G210/8870. It's limited to 30k but it has a 40k transmission in it I tried a computer out of another tractor and it does 40k. What it's doing with it's own computer is when your in gear 18 and as soon as it gets to 30k it drops back a gear to 17 and then back to 16. Now I have a portable diagnostic tool for those tractors and when you go into change features it only has one to choose from and that's (30kph18x9 perm). Now you can go into system identification and change the hard ware revision level on it. It requires an 8 digit code that I don't have I have an 8 digit code for the change features menu these will not work with system identification.
I have a good bit of experience with these tractors I never came on this before where the computer (electronic transmission controller) only had one setting to chose from in change features it must be electronically locked some way that's why I was wondering about changing systems identification would that unlock it.
I would be grateful if you could help me on this Jeremy
Thank you *****

You need someone that knows the software for that. Let me opt out for I am not familiar with that side of the software and get an expert that know it.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician