Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

J D X300 fuel problems runs awhile then shuts down. Don't…

Customer Question
J D X300 fuel...

J D X300 fuel problems runs awhile then shuts down

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Don't have serial number with me but it is a x 300 lawn tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I put a new filter and fuel pump someone said it maybe be the cap I have tried running with out the cap still stops.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/12/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

what do you have to do to get it started again?

Just need to know what may be causing the tractor to shut down

HI

Thank you for the response

I was looking what you have to do to start back up,

if it starts right back up, I suggest your

gas pick up tube is being blocked by debris

I recommend inspect inside of the tank and also

pull the pick up tube out to check

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??