Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

A case puma 210 the battery went flat and the handbrake was…

Customer Question
Hi a case puma 210...
Hi a case puma 210 the battery went flat and the handbrake was stuck on, got that sorted and now it wont change gear seems to be in crawer gear ?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/10/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, bare with me while I review your information. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day. What is your machine serial number?

Serial number is ***** case puma 210 powershift

Thanks for the update. If there is no sign of an internal mechanical problem from metal/debris or discoloration or burnt smell in the oil check for fault codes and let me know what you have logged for fault codes. If not codes the Controller( ECU) software may need to be reset if it is not allowing the transmission to shift. Verify your fuses and relays are good and the wiring harness and connector pins are free from corrosion and damage. Verify power and ground to the controller and if okay try disconnection the battery and once disconnected touch the two cables together to remove any residual power then reconnect.... If no success the software should be reflashed and updated. Let me know

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Dan, Technician