Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Massey ferguson 135 tractor with perkins 3 cylinder gas

Customer Question
Massey ferguson 135 tractor...

Massey ferguson 135 tractor with perkins 3 cylinder gas engine 1960-65 vintage. Engine idles nicely but races out of control when the throttle is activated even if only slightly. Engine has to be shut down to stop the racing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I do not know the tractor belongs to my son I am trying to help him out>

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/9/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day. When you get a chance grab the engine model information from the engine ID tag. Initially check for air between the tank and injection pump and for a restricted return back to tank. If those two are okay this points to an internal injection pump issue in the injection pump governor. This would require the injection pump to be rebuilt by an injection shop. Let me know.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

the flow of gas is not restricted rather more gas is flowing than should? is that correct?
Dan did you get my question?
more gas is flowing than should . Is that what is happening per your diagnosis?
I do not want to switch to a live phone call - I am trying to get info to help my son who owns the tractor.
is this chat still live? the silence is deafening