Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

3 point linkage on 6550 valtra wont lower. Cant find s/n its…

Customer Question
3 point linkage on...

3 point linkage on 6550 valtra wont lower

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cant find s/n its 6550HT about 12 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses ,oil level, and every combination of control buttons, arms will lower 10 mm only

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Was perfect last time it was used, it appears to be some safety device to stop it lowering.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
12/7/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Technician replied 7 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I think that I need some one with Valtra Tractor experience, as this may be a software issue. I have checked all the obvious causes, and can not find a mechanical reason.

I sent the message to a few people, but there seems to be a few that haven't been on in a few days. It may be due to the weather keeping them busy. I have opted out and put this back to the top of the board for you.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, bare with me while I review your information. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day. What are you getting for fault or warning indicators?

I need the tractor for harvest so have taken it to the Valtra dealer.

Thanks for the update