Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I ran out of diesel i think it showed low. Engine just

Customer Question
I ran out of...

I ran out of diesel i think it showed low . Engine just stopped immediately no stalling. Filled the tank but when i turn on the key engine will not even attempt to turn over. Is this a safety system. After 15-20 min. still will not crank over. Thanks *****: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

B3030 Kabota diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is good

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/5/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi Scott

I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

No, there is no safety switch to keep it from turning over

are you sure you ran out of fuel ??

was the fuel filter dry

Not for sure out of fuel but i know it was low and i forgot to fill. The fuel filter looks full (glass bottle)
I thought the engine would at least crank over even if out of fuel

Hi

Sorry for the delay , was called out

yes out of fuel would crank over

couple things we need to check here

see if you can bar the engine over by hand

check your oil and coolant

see if the coolant is clean no milky crude in the coolant