Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How to clear code in 6500 Deere spray rig when old code is…

Customer Question
How to clear code...

How to clear code in 6500 John Deere spray rig when old code is Unkown

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

How to clear the code in John Deere 6500 spray rig when old code is Unkown

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Got the manual, it says to press ce key for five seconds, the phrase old code displays, but I don’t know the old code

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
They must be having a really hard time
Answered in 2 days by:
12/7/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. I help in between jobs as time allows. We can follow up as needed. What is the serial number of your sprayer?

N06500X000725
the controller is a Raven controller

Click on this link and then the links in section 25 for setup.... Let me know if this is the display panel you are using and having trouble with and what calibration or menu selection you are getting into to find that displayed on your screen. This link shows how to maneuver through the screens unless you have a different display.

Troubleshooting

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits mytime helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 starand bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info. New code and old code is for the Data lock password. Old code appears after CE pressed for 5 seconds and you would enter the old passcode before it will allow you to change it to a new code.

click below

Data lock

I’ve already bought the Manuel and know to press ce for 5 seconds, the problem is, I DON’T have the old code

I understand. There is a dealer code to get access but I do not have access to it. If you have a good re-pore with your dealer and there is no concern from them as far as ownership, they might help you with that information to be able to reset it with a new password.

I would try the same digit all the way like 0000, 9999, 8888, etc

I’ll try it and let you know

Otherwise the dealer needs to give yo a factory access code or service access code.

Already tried 0000 controller won’t take it, but I’ll try the other ones

Let me know. Otherwise you will need to get the access code from the dealer and some might not share it but offer to do it for you. Unfortunately that is what they do as we both know.

I tried from 9999 down and it didn’t work, I’ll call dealership Monday

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately the service codes are kept by the techs and the dealers otherwise it would defeat the purpose of having passwords. It is good for security but not so good with a forgotten password.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. We get credit on positive ratings and accepted answers.. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

I cut the power to the controller and removed the 9 volt backup, I first recorded all information on pertinent info. Ie boom lengths and valve values, this resets to factory

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you need further help