Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Jd 135 parking lot brake disengaged on its own. i set the…

Customer Question
Jd 135 parking...

Jd 135 parking lot brake disengaged on its own. i set the brake, get off the mower, and in a minute it pops out of lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model # 100 series, 135 ser: i think is omgx21821 hs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I simplly moved the silver rod inside the mower wall by pushing it up and down and it seemed to have fixed, but then it just decided to disengage again. i have not taken anything a part.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. that is it. its such a simple attachment, i can't even find out where to buy a new one if necessary. my jd repair service wants $65.00 to look at it, just look at it. no, i dont think so!!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/3/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

#13 is the lock for the parking brake, see if the bolt # 12 is tight, and there is no wear on the bracket. It may be loose and falls off the side. See the link below.

GX21898 is the part number for the # 13.

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks.