Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2014 New Holland Boomer 24, I am having issues

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 New Holland Boomer 24, I am having issues every since both tail lights got taken out by a horse. The wires on the right side have melted together which is the reason for the fuse to blow but it wont start or even turn over. Battery is good and I was told it was possibly a safety switch but where??

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

New Holland 24

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Was also wondering if the heater for tractor, the cold start option, if it is only supposed to come on when key is turned to the left?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Awesome..thanks so much! Hard being a female in the tractor world.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
12/2/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

You mention the cold start option. Does it come on? Do you have battery voltage to the keywitch? As for safety switches, could the pto switch, at the end of the pto lever, be damaged, where it does not make contact in neutral? Could there be other damage from the horse incident? that would affect the neutral start switch or the pto switch?