Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

20 hp kow water cooled in 325 will fire one time and wont…

Customer Question
20 hp kow water...

20 hp kow water cooled in 325 will fire one time and wont fire agin until it sers with key off for a short time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Mod 325 john deere don't have ser no with me

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing my self have ck for spark and after it fires one time it wont fire until you turn off the key no spark after on fire on only one cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I would like to know how the firing works with the two coils where the timing comes from

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/29/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The spark comes from the two coils and the magnet in the flywheel. From what I gather, I think you have an oil pressure switch killing the spark. Is oil level ok in the engine? Of it is unplug the oil sending unit and see if the engine will start. If it does oil pressure switch is bad or you have low oil pressure! Timing is set by the key between the flywheel and the crankshaft and is not adjustable.