Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a bx2860 kubota tractor, it runs for a few minutes…

Customer Question
I have a bx2860...

I have a bx2860 kubota tractor , it runs for a few minutes than acts like it is running out of fuel have replaced all fuel filters and fuel pump still runs the same fuel coming out of pump and filters clean now what do i do????

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Dont have that info handy and unit is at farm ten miles from me all i know is it is a bx2680 with rck60b-23x mower deck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Told it was a part that has some kind of needle valve

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/28/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The BX has an electric fuel pump if you open the bleed valve at the injection pump when it acts up. and turn the key on and off, do you get fuel from the electric pump? If the fuel flow is there, then check the fuel shutoff solenoid, just to the left of the injection pump. This solenoid has to stay open or engine is killed. Next would be to check the fuel line from the tank up to the first fuel filter. To be sure the tank line is not getting debris in tank, plugging the line,