Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have run my little digger out of fuel...i refueled and…

Customer Question
I have run my...

I have run my little digger out of fuel...i refueled and used the ball pump to get pressure back up...i started engine ...it starts but dies after a few minutes.....i believe the fuel is clogged from debris at the bottom of the tank.....where would i look to find blockage ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Its a bobcat 315 ? with a kubota D 750 engine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/28/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Take the tank outlet line off at the first fuel filter fitting, and blow back into the tank, and check the fitting at the filter for debris, These are the two places that debris will be found. other than the filter.

ok so now i have no fuel pressure ? how do i bleed the fuel back to the injectors ?
no just the question please

Sorry, I answered this AM, Let me try again. You have to loosen the injection lines at the cylinder head end, and with the injection pump full of fuel, crank the engine until you have fuel squirting, then tighten the lines and digger should start!