Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2014 John Deere 5100M with 1000 hrs. It started…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 John Deere 5100M with 1000 hrs. It started throwin these codes last night while idling-ECU A 3696.05, Ptr PA 522456.31 and ICC PA 237.02. I am having a hard time finding out what these codes mean. I cannot find the ECU A code listed anywhere?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank yoi You

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ma’am thats all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/28/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Give me some time to look up these faults.

Thank you!

DPF Reg. Force Switch 3696 Aftertreatment Regeneration Force Switch.....

Are you having trouble with regeneration and high soot levels, etc?

Not that i am aare of. Its not dirty enough for me to be able to do a Parked Cleaning & i believe they need to be 40% restricted to be able to run that setting. I assumed i would have a different icon on the instrument cluster lighted if it was to do with regeneration since there are a couple of icons on the cluster that pertain to that?
The Ptr PA code changed from the first Ptr code i sent in yesterday after i cleared the original Ptr code.
It is now showing Ptr PA 2826.07 along with the ECU code

Thanks for the update. I need a bit more time to look these up.

Ok thank you

My list skips over some of these too. Im going to pass this one along to others who might have more on these codes..

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician