Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I hawe a NH tm 175, goes ce 210 cm and goes to neutal, this…

Customer Question
I hawe a NH...

I hawe a NH tm 175, goes ce 210 cm and goes to neutal , this does the traktor all the time , forward and back. wrong code F71 is coming up when i tried to calibrate , i hawe change crankshaft speed sensor , but it is the same , ehat does i do ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Wery goodd

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I see i wrote 210 cm but i ment to write 20 cm

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If the sensor is new and calibration failed, check the wiring harness and test with a test meter thoroughly for continuity, damage (open circuits/shorts/ high resistance), etc that could cause the symptoms you are having. Let me know the results. We can follow up as needed.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi, have tried troubleshooting on wires, but it seems like it's on error code f71. Is it someone
method and reset error code?
Are there any other sensors that might be involved in error code f71?
Are there other things that can cause the tractor to go 20 cm and then go over to neutral, both forwards and backwards?
I tried and disconnected the battery during the night, then the tractor worked fine for 15-20 minutes.
I need some good advice now. mvh Roger

Thanks for the update. Give me some time to pull up some info on this fault.

Error Code F71 - Engine Torque/RPM Sensor Open Circuit . What this means is the computer detected a fault in the engine speed sensor circuit. This means if you changed the sensor and the fault did not go inactive then you will need to inspect/test the wiring between the sensor and computer (ECM/ECU) for a break in continuity or open circuit.