Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Can't get reverse on the tractor TD 80 D. New holland TD 80…

Customer Question
Hi can't get reverse...

Hi can't get reverse on the tractor TD 80 D

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

New holland TD 80 D / serial no HF DO73508

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

No , it was working this morning slashing the paddocks , disengaged the pto when finished .but the gear lever went back to far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just thought it might be something I could fix if linkage came loose

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/26/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Verify the shift linkage is moving and fully engaging in each position and is free of worn/damaged linkage. If okay and the linkage is good then the problem is likely internal. Drain the opil and check for signs of metal/debris in the oil and filter/screen. Let me know the results. We can follow up as needed.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi, I see this is still open, Please take the time to rate to close. I took the time to help you, please return the favor by rating my answer or responding for more help.