Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 3 point hitch will no longer raise and lower, when I move…

Customer Question
My 3 point hitch...

My 3 point hitch will no longer raise and lower, when I move the adjuster arm.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

25D New Holland. Boomer Series.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, trying to fix myself. Tried playing with the adjuster linkage, tried standing on the 3 point hitch to break it free.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was low on hydraulic fluid when it happened and I topped it off with 2 gallons of fluid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Great. What do I do now?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/26/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Was lift working before you added the fluid? Is the knob in the end of the three-point housing loose and not tightened all the way in?

it was working before I added the fluid. Not sure of any knob at the end of a housing...

right under the seat is a knob, if it is screwed in, lift will not raise or lower. # 11 in the link below.

That knob is in mid position and I tried in other positions and with no effect.

# 2 is the diverter valve, are you getting fluid to the three-point housing? link below.

How would I be able to tell if fluid is getting there?

Loosen the pipe!