Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have cih 1660 combine w/gremlin in electrical system and…

Customer Question
Have cih 1660 combine...

Have cih 1660 combine w/gremlin in electrical system and getting worse. Started w/volt gauge & oil pressure gauge, when one worked the other did not, replaced oil pressure sender on motor, ignition switch,& last year fan blower motor ass'y in cab. Combine late model w/cummins engine, also feeder reverser. Now gremlin has progressed to lighting system also, the other night only way to fold unloader auger in was to shut off all lights-- ready to pull hair out. Any advice would be appreciated-- thanks Max

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1660 combine w/cummins engine, don't have serial in front of me, but am told only a few serial numbers below 1666

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it-- thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/26/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Technician replied 4 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician