Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The 4wd went out on my m5111. Light turns on when I pull the…

Customer Question
The 4wd went out...

The 4wd went out on my m5111. Light turns on when I pull the lever up but the 4wd does not engage. Any idea what could be going on?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model m5l-111-sn

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Serial # 53150

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Looking for info to see if it's something I can do myself or if I should get a mechanic out here. I'm thinking its a sensor of some sorts

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/25/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

This is a mechanical engaged front wheel drive, does the lever feel like it is shifting the gear inside the transmission? If it is, check the front drive shaft, it has couplers on each end, and if the coupler is broken at either end, you lose the front wheel drive.