Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a john deere 3032e tractor and i knocked a hydraulic…

Customer Question
I have a john...

I have a john deere 3032e tractor and i knocked a hydraulic line loose and lost all of the hydraulic fluid i replaced the line and fluid. When i got off the tractor i did not place it in neutral and the tractor died. Now im trying to start it and the tractor says put in neutral but i already have it in neutral and it will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thank you

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/25/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Remove the negative battery cable, and turn the key on and off a few times, and reconnect the battery and see if the computer resets.

Ok one moment

OK>

Did not work

OK< Hold the key in start position and work each of the transmission levers and the foot control, to see if switches are making. And the pto lever!

Did not work still says shoft to neutral

Pto is in neutral?

the pto is off and tractor is in neutral gear but the computer screen says switch to neutral

Look for switch that may have been flooded with oil from the broken hose, and clean the connector.

What was tractor doing when hose blew and you got off the seat? Pto was not on? The transmission was not in gear? Have to get under the unit and check the swithes of the hydrostat, f/r. to be sure they are moving to neutral.

When i got off of the seat the tractor was in low gear and the pto was off. The shifter is working the way it is made to do. I have already checked to see if the shifter was working properly

OK> Let me opt out and see if anyone else can help. Sorry

OkIts saying it will take 24 hours to get a response?