Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

John Deere X3 10 mower runs rough. I replace plugs fuel

Customer Question
John Deere X3 10...

John Deere X3 10 mower runs rough . I replace plugs fuel filter air filter check the bowl on the carburetor it was spotless clean,It runs smooth when your mower is sitting stationary when you move the mower it starts spitting in sputtering or if the mower stationary and you engage the blades it starts running rough

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

It runs smooth when your mower is sitting stationary when you move the mower it starts spitting in sputtering or if the mower stationary and you engage the blades it starts running rough.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/25/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Engine is twin engine Kawasaki. Run a cylinder test. loosen the spark plug wires and with engine idling, remove one spark plug wire at a time, to see if engine continues to run. If engine dies when one wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. On Kawasaki, check for spark to plug, compression, and the valves.

I see the question is still open?