Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a class variant that wont start a roll without me…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a class variant that wont start a roll without me keeping hydraulic pressure on the tailgate and then it builds to much pressure on the gauge to slow the baler right down

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Class variant 280 serial number73002847

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

The top tension springs have been tightened

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/21/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check for any worn, damaged, out of adjustment or alignment bushings or components that would cause operational issues. Since this sounds hydraulic related I would check the filter for fine metal/debris that would flag a pump or component problem occurring and check the control and relief valves for damaged o rings or debris. Have the pressures also checked to verify if they are in OEM specs. Let me know.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi, I see this is still open, Please take the time to rate to close. I took the time to help you, please return the favor by rating my answer or responding for more help.