Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a john deere 48 inch cut riding lawnmower lt180 with

Customer Question

I have a john deere 48 inch cut riding lawnmower lt180 with a Kawasaki 17 hp engine that I cant get to start without having to use ether can u help me
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok thanks
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am ive replaced the fuel pump
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that about it
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is the choke part of the throttle , or is it a separate cable? Does the choke plate fully close for cold start? Remove the air filter and check the choke operation.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The choke is not part of the throttle and it's a desperate cable

OK< is the choke cable fully closing the choke plate for cold start?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it is

If the choke plate fully closes, the engine should get enough fuel to start! Do you have to open the choke to spray in the starting fluid?