Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a john deere 48 inch cut riding lawnmower lt180 with…

Customer Question
I have a john...

I have a john deere 48 inch cut riding lawnmower lt180 with a Kawasaki 17 hp engine that I cant get to start without having to use ether can u help me

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am ive replaced the fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/21/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is the choke part of the throttle , or is it a separate cable? Does the choke plate fully close for cold start? Remove the air filter and check the choke operation.

The choke is not part of the throttle and it's a desperate cable

OK< is the choke cable fully closing the choke plate for cold start?

it is

If the choke plate fully closes, the engine should get enough fuel to start! Do you have to open the choke to spray in the starting fluid?