Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Need to know how to remove seal retainer on draft sensing…

Customer Question
Need to know how...

Need to know how to remove seal retainer on draft sensing shaft on mf 3525 tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Need to know how to remove seal retainer ondraft sensing shaft onmf 3525 tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have removed everything up to the seal retainer but am not able to extract the retainer from cast housing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/19/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is this the shaft in the three point housing, and the shaft for the lift arms? What else is there to remove, next would be the bushing and it would have to be pulled out or punched out and replaced with a new bushing.??

need to know how to remove the bushing
I have not been able to figure out how to remove the bushing

Do you have the housing off? Bushing has to be driven or pulled out with a slid hammer puller or other puller, that will catch the inner lip.

didn 't remove the housing. shop manual says the retainer can be removed without removing draft sensing shaft from housing

YES , If you have the right kind of puller, or you collapse the bushing, and pull it out.

how can you collapse the retainer without getting draftsensing shaft out from housing
can I drive shaft to one side to move retainer out enough to catch it with a puller

No, you need to remove the housing and then remove the shaft.

I see question is still open?