Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

We have a jd 3420. engien light is flashing code 28 or 82…

Customer Question
We have a jd...

We have a jd 3420. engien light is flashing code 28 or 82 after fitting new ecu. machine wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Jd 3420 forklift. i dont have it to hand its late 2005 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

New ecu

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have ordered foot throttle sensor, new battery, new injectors, new fuel filters

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/17/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this? If so let me know. We can follow up as needed.

dan, yes please, have paid the money and never heard back
have changed fuel filters, lift pump, engine oil
new injectors, fuel pump pressure tested

Thanks for the update. Professionals arent employees of the site but users of the site like yourself. we can follow up as needed. 28 is low voltage under 10v to the ECU. Test the battery with a battery tester for bad cells etc and also inspect the cables and connections to be clean, tight, and free from damage including all grounds. The new ECU should be properly programmed for your tractor as well.... Check to see if the dealer had it programmed before you received it. John Deere service advisor is needed for that from the dealer.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.