Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have an x324 with 48c deck and blower. It's been working…

Customer Question
I have an x324...

I have an x324 with 48c deck and blower. It's been working fine until today when I engage the deck and mow for couple hundred yards, it will start to stall until i dis-engage the deck, then it runs fine. any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

X324 I don't have the serial number here

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Iguess not

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/16/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

This is twin Kawasaki engine. It may be loosing a coil after it heats up. You would need to run a cylinder test when it is low on power. Loosen the spark plug wires, and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time, If engine dies when wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check cylinder for spark, and if ti has good spark, check the valves for clearance. .006 inch will be ok, intake and exhaust.