Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a d110 that starts but after a few minutes it stalls.

Customer Question
I have a d110...

I have a d110 that starts but after a few minutes it stalls

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John deere d110 1gxd110ejee514566

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes - fixing it myself. new fuel filter, new oil and filter, new air filter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

It runs better when its choked

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
11/9/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Briggs singe cylinder engine. When it quits, how long before it will restart? Does it have spark when it quits? The fuel tank has suction tube in the top of it, and the fuel line has to be vacuum tight from tank to the fuel pump inlet. If fuel line is ok, the solenoid in the base of the carburetor may be closing the main jet, cutting off the fuel to the main jet. This solenoid has to have 12 volts to function.