Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Kubota 1100 utv. My emergency brake did not release…

I have a Kubota...

I have a Kubota 1100 utv. My emergency brake did not release and I can't move it. It's a 2013 and I've never had this problem before. What can I do to fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It's in a field about a mile from the house.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's a 2013, model 1100. It's in a field about a mile from the house. It did this once before and I was able to put it in forward and reverse and It broke loose. The Kubota service manager told me there was a bracket I could tap but i don't know where it's located. The handle is loose and the cable is hooked up.

10/23/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The parking brake sets the service brakes in the transmission. There are two levers , one on each side, These two levers are what you need to tap on to release the brakes. Here is a parts diagram showing the brakes and the two levers. See link below.

the 900 and 1100 use the same setup. 10 and 20 are the levers.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician