Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a JD 9660STS combine. Auger extend speed is very

Customer Question
I have a JD...

I have a JD 9660STS combine. Auger extend speed is very slow. Is there a way to adjust the extend and retract speed?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

H09660S705747

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

The extend auger valve was cracked. Put a used one on. Now this one works but runs really slow. Had local John Deere dealer do the work

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Awesome!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thankyou

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/7/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Bare with me while I pull some info to try to help.

Dean, Click on this link and on the LH side is the full index. All your adjustments, calibrations, and settings are covered in this operation manual. Let me know if you need more help. Please remember to rate my answers once you are satisfied with the information I have provided.

Manual

The information you sent us we have already reviewed before we contacted you. It does not contain the information we need unless you can tell us exactly which section in that manual contains directions to adjust the valve. We need to know if we can adjust the unload auger hydraulic block valve or if there are orifices in there. If the answer you gave us is all the information you have we would like our money back as we have already visited that site and many others.

Hi Dean, Speed is flow, There are more than one possibility her for the slow auger such as worn drive motor, weak pump, Restrictions causing lack of flow, etc Are you gettin any fault codes with this problem as well?

We can follow up as needed here but I am not an employee of the site so not always logged in but will respond back as I am able.

We finally figured it out on our own. could you please refund our money as we have not received a solution from your company

Dan, Technician