Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Have a KUBOTA B2650 that was running great then just shut

down. I changed out a...
Have a KUBOTA B2650 that was running great then just shut down. I changed out a blown 5amp fuse that controlled the dash guages when ignition switch turned on and also makes a clicking sound on engine, don't know if it's a fuel injection pump, however I know it is a solenoid sound and it started right up. When I started using it again it wanted to almost shut down while operating the hydro pedal and also when the bucket lever was moved, and it finally did shut off like no voltage, however everything on the dash still works this time and the fuses all have 13volts but it does nothing when ignition turned to start.
10/6/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

On the left end of the injection pump area, is a fuel shutoff solenoid. It has to open the fuel when the key is turned on. It should click when key is turned on. If not, remove it, has two bolts holding it in, and test it. It has to retract when voltage s applied to it. With it out, check all the fuses again, and see if you can get starter to work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I get starter to work with jump wire. But it will not start. Acts like safety switch. I know it's not the seat because you only get the click when seat is tied down or sitting in it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The clicking is the fuel solenoid and it is retracting. Just you cannot get the engine to turn over at all except by jumping the start solenoid

Seat switches, pto switch, neutral switch, all will keep starter from working. Do the glow plugs light up?

Have you checked the two large 40 amp fuses at the front of the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Glow plug light comes on, pto off both 40amps good. I'm thinking the neutral switch. I noticed when I got it to start that it would almost shut off and I'd move the foot pedal or move the bucket control arm and it would start running before it shut off
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It acts just like any other piece of equipment when a safety switch is not closed or open when it should be
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not getting power to starter solenoid and ignition is not firing when I jump the starter solenoid
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The neutral switch was stuck in. I've got it cleaned and fluctuating as I think it should. Don't know what position the plunger should be in order to let eng start. There is an adjustment on the way it can be mounted.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That was it. It's back to running fine. Just picked this thing up in Arkansas yesterday and it only had 200 hrs on it and looked like new, guess it had something or water in the switch and corroded the plunger so that it would not operate. I sort of stole this thing at auction as a repossession and did not need troubles right out the gate. Thanks Curtis, we got another one through
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No that's not it. Started 3 or 4 times and I mowed with it shut it off and it's the same darn thing

Neutral Switch didn't stick?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess it's just bad, I unplugged it and then I ran a jumper and it started right up. Went ahead and a new one.

OK>

Please rate using the 5 star rating system to close the question. Thanks.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician