Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

What happens if I turn up the fuel pump on my 9370 case ih.

Customer Question
What happens if I...

What happens if I turn up the fuel pump on my 9370 case ih

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I will get it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I can take the fuel pump to a diesel pump technician

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

K

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/4/2017
Mechanic: dd85, Foreman replied 10 months ago
dd85
dd85, Foreman

This is not going to be the answer you are looking for.

So after I answer I will OPT Out and see if someone else has an answer.

First turning up the Injection Pump will (if caught) open you to an EPA fine of $25,000.00 .

You will produce more horsepower, but since the Engine is not made to handle the extra power you may have early engine failure.

The Transmission , Axles are not built to handle the extra horsepower either so there may be some failures there as well.

Good luck.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. I agree with the first professional but I would like to add that since your pump is likely worn and if you are looking to regain lost power considering the engine has good compression and the turbo checks good, you can do a pump rebuild and there is a range for high and low for the rebuilder to calibrate your pump. Have them calibrate it on the high side but not above the spec and new injectors. Check compression while the injectors are out for a piece of mind and to see if you may be in need of overhaul. Let me know

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.