Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

What is the procedure to bleed the clutch on a deere 3140…

Customer Question
What is the procedure to...
What is the procedure to bleed the clutch on a john deere 3140 tractor?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/1/2017
Mechanic: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 10 months ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Bleeding clutch like brakes by pumping does not get the air out like on cars

If you have bleed enough to get some fluid out of slave cylinder just open bleeder by clutch on slave cylinder and let it gravity bleed, leave bleeder open until fluid has no air coming out just fluid, do this without moving clutch pedal, once you see no more air tighten bleeder, then pump pedal until it becomes firm, Make sure you don't run low on fluid while bleeding,

Some bleed right away some may take ten minutes to start gravity bleeding just hang tight and don't pump.

If no fluid comes out by itself to get it started have bleeder open and only push down and hold pedal down while you close bleeder (Do not pump or it won't bleed)

Make sure machine is fairly level also if on to much of a incline it won't bleed.

Any problems let me know I'm happy to assist!
Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

**********Please don’t forget to rate or accept the answer in a positive way, .**********
EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Thank You

Hi,Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, but I haven't gotten around to trying your method of clutch bleeding yet. Hopefully I will be able to try it sometime soon.

you can come back to this question anytime after rating

just book mark page so it does not get lost.

Thanks